Friday, March 4, 2011

Tasty Food!

I just wanted to post up some pictures, and ideas for some pretty and tasty food!  All of this was made and photographed this very morning!

Strawberry Cheesecake....?
 This is something I put together for Husband's bento lunch this morning.  When I have the time, I love to make onigiri on Fridays, because I normally have more time.  This particular onigiri, though, has something extra special inside.  The price of fruit FINALLY started coming down at the grocery store, so this one is filled with strawberries and cream cheese.  Therefore, I have decided to call it a Strawberry Cheesecake Onigiri!  I sprinkled it with colored sugar, just to add some extra sweet. 

Now, onto 2 of my favorite things, and one of them very new.....
.... Whole sweet red beans in syrup and that new Dannon Greek.  When I first picked up some Dannon Greek, I didn't realize they made plain (since the grocery store was out).  Last time I went shopping, though, they had some, and I knew just what I wanted to do with it!  I LOVE sweet red beans with plain yogurt, I even make smoothies using that combination!  This was a no brainer. 

Look at the pretty breakfast it makes!  Just stir those little guys right into your yogurt for a fantastic taste experience.  You get a good mix of sweet, sour and umami. 
The only challenge here is finding the red beans in syrup.  I've only found one Asian market in my area (which is a loose term, since it's about 45 minutes away) that carries it. 

So that's it.  Depending on how my time goes this weekend, I'm hoping to post a review for a Bodyline item next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment