Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Skin Care Routine

I'm one of those people who have dry skin, all of the time.  In addition to dry skin, I also have sensitive skin.  For me, winter is just ridiculous for my skin and I have a careful skin regimen to follow.  Everything I use can easily be found at a place like Target, Walgreens or CVS.  Also, with all of these products, I tend to be thrifty and wait for sales (if I can).  Also, I want to clarify that I'm not getting paid or reimbursed in any way to write about these products.

Moisturizers:
I learned a long time ago (when I was 15 or 16) that ageless and anti-wrinkle type products.  I used to use Neutrogena brand moisturizers, but they tended to be a little watery (in my opinion).  When Olay released their age defying line a few years ago, my mom one day picked up one of their products for me to try, and I can't live without it now.
Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cream - This is a lighter moisturizer, perfect for in the morning before I put on my make-up.  It's thick without being heavy and has a very faint and pleasant scent.  However, this stuff is sort of pricey (though in the last year the price has come down).  Averages around $9.50.
Olay Age Defying Intensive Nourishing Night Cream - I love this!  It is my favorite facial moisturizer, ever!  I use this at night after washing my face, right before I go to bed.  Like the daily renewal cream, this is a very thick formula and has a light scent.  However, it is a bit heavier than the day cream, but this is not a bad thing.  It really keeps my skin soft and helps prevent drying out. Averages, around, $9.50.
BONUS Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods Triple Moisture Body Cream - I first tried Bath & Body Works triple moisture cream this last month.  I love it!  I use it for full-body moisturizing, after a shower or bath and put it on my hands before bed every night.  My hands get really dry at work, and putting this stuff on my hands feels like Heaven!  Also, I just listed Twilight Woods, as it's my favorite scent!  $12.00 a tube.

Cleansers:
Ponds Wet Cleansing Towelettes - Evening Soothe - I've used these facial towelettes from Neutrogena, Ponds and various offbrand versions, pretty much, since they've come out.  I posted the Ponds Evening Soothe, because those are the ones I'm currently using (and they smell so good!).  Whatever soap they use in these is really easy on the skin, and I'm pretty sure there's not much of it.  However, these take off my make-up really well!  Truthfully, they seem to be slightly moisturizing and make my skin feel really soft. About $6.29 for a 30-pack, but if you buy a store brand I've seen them as cheap as $3.99.
Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub - Sometimes I get dead-skin-bits that can't be moisturized, and then I need to exfoliate.  This stuff is fantastic and, like most products from Aveeno, is great for sensitive skin.  However, it is mildly drying and I always moisturize after I use this!  All-in-all it does what it's supposed to without destroying my skin, and that's what I need it for!  About $6.99 a tube.
BONUS Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover - This is my back-up for when I run out of towelettes (which I tend to do every month).  I'm listing it here, because it works, it's just not my favorite.  Even though it's oil-free, it makes my face feel oily after I use it.  About $7.99.

So, there it is!  I hope that there's some useful information in there for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment